Wednesday, December 4, 2013

quote from Thomas More's "Utopia"

"The scientific investigation of nature is not only a most enjoyable process but also the best possible means of pleasing the Creator...He has the normal reactions of an artist. 

Having put the marvelous system of the universe on show for human beings to look at--since no other species is capable of taking it in--He must prefer the type of person who examines it carefully, and really admires His work, to the type that just ignores it and like the lower animals remains quite unimpressed by the whole astonishing spectacle."

After viewing Ursa Major, also known as the bear constellation, Sirius, the brightest start in the night sky, and Jupiter all shining brightly before dawn, I said over and over to the Lord, "Wow!  Wow!  Wow!"  

I would have stayed out there longer and praised Him and His work a little longer, but I am a cool weather weenie.  I came inside and don't at all find it happenstance I ran across this quote.  I believe the Lord, in one of His many mysterious ways of communicating with His children, was letting me know He appreciated my appreciation of His magnificent work.

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork."  Psalm 19:1 ESV

Yes, they did.  I said "wow" but the heavens spoke with more eloquence saying, "Glory!"