Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Maggie




MAGGIEATSHI*

And she's not selective about the source. With two pet cats plus various and sundry feral cats which frequent rural areas, she is well supplied. Fox, deer, whatever she can find, I see her nose go into overdrive when she senses her secondary, make that third-ary food source after Beneful and Meow Mix... On our evening walk, I see the familiar sniff and...gack, I'm making myself sick thinking about it...I walk over, yell, "Drop it!" then observe a little pile of Cocoa Pebbles. Yep, Maggie has added rabbit pellets to her poop repertoire.

"You made a first-class fool out of me, but I'm as blind as a fool can be. You stole my heart, but I love you anyway."

I didn't think my favorite singing artist from the '70s, '80s, heck, he's still one of my favorites, Rod Stewart, was singing about my Maggie May, but I reckon he was.

Love and hugs and good evening,

Mrs. A