Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Morning Musing


Morning light
peeking around perimeter
of bedroom blinds
wakes me
Another night
swiftly gone
and again
I marvel
I am rested
Birds to feed
dog and cat
too
roses to visit
geraniums to prune
porch to sweep
dewy, dirty paws
to brush
before
going inside
to raise dining room blind
Husband's 
soft snore
I go back
to the front porch 
to look in
I praise
the Lord
for a sunny day
and 
a few
tears
slip
down my cheeks
for a son
moving away
I wipe them
on the sleeve
of an inside-out
night shirt
and smile
inwardly
that woods
surround
unseemly dressing
and
selfish tears
I wait
for bedroom blinds
to raise
A bed-headed boy
inside
a man
of six decades
smiles
and signs
I love you
He'll join me
slowly
silently
on the rocker
while I
sway gently
on the swing
my mind
full throttle
his
floating peacefully
along
a river
He's always thankful
for the good
the bad
while I 
petulantly
demand
the good
and
explosively
fight
the bad
Will he
ever
rise up
with fists
and
will I
ever
glide peacefully
along
with what
each day
presents?
Alone,
no, 
but together
yes 
We are one.