Monday, March 31, 2014

A Monday Morning Smile...


...or maybe even laughter aloud.

When I count my dearest friends, Mary Frances Bryant has been numbered among them for around fifteen years.  

If ever the phone rings before the roosters crow, I don't panic at what might be bad news, but realize it's probably Mary Frances.  She knows I'm a morning person and it's all right to defy the traditional 9 A.M. to 9 P.M. calling hours.  Actually, I don't know if that's traditional etiquette, but if I wrote an etiquette book, that would be my guideline.

Anyway...

She has been rejoicing for a niece who'd long wanted a baby and was finally blessed with a little boy.  Doing what babies do well, he was on a crying jag and her husband asked, "What is wrong with him?!"  

My friend's niece replied, "I don't know.  I've only known him two weeks!"

Mary Frances has endured the worst any parent could--twice.  She has buried two of her four children.  That is always with her, and it was a part of our conversation as well.  She is in her early 70s and she has a part-time job plus she sees to her elderly mother's needs.  Her mother lives semi-independently. Mary Frances cooks for her and takes her to doctor visits and on errands.  

She is an inspiration to me and I hope by sharing a little part of her life with you, you'll be blessed with a smile to start your week.

Love,

Mrs. A